Follow these basic steps:
- Open the coupler locking device.
- Use the Jack to raise the front of the trailer. Place coupler over the hitch ball then lower the trailer until it is on the hitch ball.
- Check the coupling to make sure the ball clamp is below the ball and not on top of it.
- Latch the coupler and make sure it is locked in place.
- Make sure your jack is raised.
- Attach the surge brake breakaway cable or chain to your tow vehicle, allow enough slack for you to make tight turns.
- Attach the safety chains crossing them under the trailer.
- Connect the trailer lighting system of your tow vehicle and check it to see if it works.